Tycho's Universe

You don't have to understand things to record your observations truthfully...

Friday, October 01, 2004

Kerry vs. Bush

Looks like Kerry convincingly won the first debate. I did not expect Bush to appear so confused. At one point I thought I was watching a Michael Moore film, as Bush stumbled to find his words.

I did not think Kerry had a chance until last night. Bush dropped the ball on the topic that was supposed to be his strong suit. Bush's team failed to realize that the same short pithy one liners that work well on the campaign trail come across as shallow in the setting of a National debate. Every time Bush repeated Kerry's words, "wrong war, wrong place, wrong time," he came across as less and less credible. By the end of the evening, even Bush supporters must wonder if it is the wrong war. Pat Buchanan says it's the wrong war, and he's no bleeding heart liberal:
http://www.antiwar.com/pat/?articleid=2843

Lesson to be learned here... don't repeat the other candidate's attack line. Kerry was smart enough not to mouth the "flip flop" word.

Issues? Who really cares about issues? Isn't it really all about style over substance? Both would fight the war on terror, Bush would crack a joke and roll up his sleeves. He'll tell us the job is hard. We won't be safe unless he is at the helm.

Kerry will look concerned and call international summits. He'll tell us the job is serious, and he'll fight for our country like he did as a young man.

Kerry does has one advantage. He's a little taller on T.V.

I wonder who is taller, Kerry, or Usama Bin Laden?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home